The Push ID is returned with most types of push from the Urban Airship API and is also available from the Urban Airship dashboard, Connect, and Insight.
|A Push ID comes in the standard UUID format.|
The Push ID can be found in the address bar in the push's Full Report page for a particular push:
- From the Messages Menu, choose Messages Overview.
- In the list of Messages locate the message for which you want to retrieve the Push ID.
- Click the message's bar graph icon at the far right:
- In the URL bar at the top of your browser window, locate the UUID formatted Push ID. It will come after /reports/pushdetail/ as shown below:
- This can then be copied from the URL bar.
The Push ID is returned in the JSON formatted return string from most successful (202 response) Push API requests. This Push ID should always be logged.
The Push ID is returned the PUSH_BODY events in the CONNECT stream. All events are JSON formatted and the push_id is returned as follows. For more information on Connect please see the documentation HERE.
"push_id": "233f8109-bf56-4d95-a8bf-6f28e9d270a4", "trimmed": false, "resource": "PUSH", "payload": "eyJkZXZpY2VfdHlwZXMiOiBbImFuZHJvaWQiLCAiaW9zIl0sICJub3RpZmljYXRpb24iOiB7ImFuZHJvaWQiOiB7fSwgImlvcyI6IHsiYmFkZ2UiOiAiKzEifSwgImFsZXJ0IjogIklUIFdJTEwgV09SSyEifSwgImF1ZGllbmNlIjogImFsbCJ9" }
When investigating messages in Insight, the Push ID is returned when the "Push ID" dimension is used in a looker. For more information on Insight please see the documentation HERE.