How do you delete an Urban Airship app? How do I remove an app from my account?
|This article outlines the process for deleting an app from within the Urban Airship dashboard|
Some common situations where apps may need to be deleted:
- The app was created in error (another already exists)
- That audience is no longer reachable under Basic Push, In-app Messaging or Rich Messaging
- The app has been retired and you no longer need to send push notifications to it
Deleting an app will remove all information including push notification certificates for that app. If an app is deleted in error, push certificates will need to be re-uploaded before you can send push notifications again.
Additionally, only App Owners have the ability to delete apps.
You must complete the Quickstart Guide for an app before you are able to delete the app.
You can delete an app by following these steps:
- Login to the web dashboard: https://go.urbanairship.com/
- Click the app you want to delete (pictured above)
- Click on gear icon ('settings'), and choose App Details from the drop down menu
- Click on delete this app.
- Click 'Yes - delete it permanently' button.