|If you are using the Urban Airship SDK, the device's active (opt-in) status will be updated each time the app is opened.|
If you are not using the Urban Airship SDK we recommend the following:
- Use our Feedback API regularly to check for inactive device tokens.
- Stop pushing to device tokens listed in the feedback service.
If you believe the device should be active please thoroughly check the items below.
How device tokens get marked as inactive:
- Apple rejected the device token for your app upon receipt of the notification at their servers. This will display an error message in your Urban Airship Go Dashboard Error Console. For more information please read Rejected Device Tokens.
- Apple reports that the application was uninstalled via Apple's feedback service. We check for feedback on a regular basis.
- We receive an explicit delete call on the iOS channel, which marks it as inactive and clears the alias and any associated tags.
- If the device token was created when iOS 6 was installed and the device has since updated to iOS 7. The old device token is rejected by Apple because the device now has a new app-specific iOS 7 device token. To check your current device token, please see How to retrieve device tokens.
- The device opts-out of push via the Urban Airship library or through the iOS system push settings.