You will need an Apple Developer Account to successfully make an Apple Pass Type Certificate.
To use your own certificate for sending Apple Passes using Urban Airship, you will to first create and upload your own Apple Pass Type certificate to the Urban Airship Reach dashboard.
1. Log into your Apple Developer Console and select Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
2. Select Pass Type IDs from the menu on the left.
3. Fill in the Pass Type ID Description field and give your ID a unique identifier.
4. Double check your name and identifier then register your Pass Type ID.
5. Select Edit on your newly made iOS Pass Type ID.
6. Create a new Production Certificate.
7. Follow the steps to create and upload a new Certificate Signing Request.
8. Download your new certificate. Double click to add this certificate to your Keychain. Right-click your certificate inside Keychain Access to export to a .p12 file.
9. Add a password to your certificate. You will need to remember this password when you upload the .p12 file to the Reach Dashboard.
10. You should now be able to take this .p12 file and upload to your Urban Airship Reach Account.